Boyfriend posted a nude pic w/o consent. How to gather evidence in it?

In Cyber Crime Law

My boyfriend had recently posted nude pics on a particular website without my consent. When I learn of it, I filed an FIR with the police and asked for further investigation. Now since I didn't take a screen shot or note the URL of the site, the Police are saying its lacking evidence. However after speaking with the admin of that website, they assured me that if the authorities provide them the correct information, they would help . My question is what if they don't get the required evidence. Will I be able to get the culprit arrested ? Where does my case stand ?

Even if you are unable to access the url anymore, there will still be records on the servers. In some situations data can even be recovered after it is erased. Therefore, there should be some evidence in the phone/camera used as well. These will have to be sent to the Forensic Science Labs.

The police are duty bound to register an FIR and it is appalling that they have hardly investigated the matter. File a complaint with the cyber crime cell as well.

You  could also approach the Magistrate's Court with an application asking the Court to direct the police to investigate the case. The police will then have to report back to the Court and the Court itself can inquire into the case where required.

The drives on the servers and any other computer/phones/cameras used need to be seized immediately and fowarded to the labs. An application can be moved before the Court to this effect as well.

He should definately be arrested if you proceed in the manner described above as there will be irrefutable evidence against him.

Popular Cyber Crime Lawyers