Boyfriend posted a nude pic w/o consent. How to gather evidence in it?

In Cyber Crime Law

My boyfriend had recently posted nude pics on a particular website without my consent. When I learn of it, I filed an FIR with the police and asked for further investigation. Now since I didn't take a screen shot or note the URL of the site, the Police are saying its lacking evidence. However after speaking with the admin of that website, they assured me that if the authorities provide them the correct information, they would help . My question is what if they don't get the required evidence. Will I be able to get the culprit arrested ? Where does my case stand ?

Answers (1)

99 votes

Even if you are unable to access the url anymore, there will still be records on the servers. In some situations data can even be recovered after it is erased. Therefore, there should be some evidence in the phone/camera used as well. These will have to be sent to the Forensic Science Labs.

The police are duty bound to register an FIR and it is appalling that they have hardly investigated the matter. File a complaint with the cyber crime cell as well.

You  could also approach the Magistrate's Court with an application asking the Court to direct the police to investigate the case. The police will then have to report back to the Court and the Court itself can inquire into the case where required.

The drives on the servers and any other computer/phones/cameras used need to be seized immediately and fowarded to the labs. An application can be moved before the Court to this effect as well.

He should definately be arrested if you proceed in the manner described above as there will be irrefutable evidence against him.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.


Popular Cyber Crime Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
22 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
28 years Experience
Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
26 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
37 years Experience

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Cyber Crime Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles