Are online betting websites legal and allowed in India?

Are online bidding websites legal and allowed in India? I was a bidder in one of these websites on 15th Feb and the website now is refusing to give my claim stating that I won the bid using wrong means.

How can I get my money back? and if this is illegal how can we stop other people from getting cheated by these websites?

Answer

Betting in any form, i.e. physical,  via E-mail or Online is not allowed in India. As the premise on which you have put your money on stake in itself is not legal and valid, you can't recover your prize money, irrespective of you knowing or not knowing that the money is being put on stake on an illegal and unallowed platform.

However, if your have been induced to pay any money, you can file a cheating case against the alleged website and file a complaint against the matter to the Cyber Crime Cell.

We can help you draft your complaint and file your case ensuring all details and damages are covered in the same so that you get speedy justice and fair trial of your case.

Popular Cyber Crime Lawyers