×

quesCentral excise registration for a firm engaged in construction

We are a firm planning to enter into boat building activity. we will subcontract the construction work and construction will be in leased or rented property. In that case do we need to get a excise registration

• ansStatutorily you are not required.

There is no need of RG23A Part 1 updation in case of Subcontracting item, but if you fail to get back the material within 180days then you are liable to pay the Excise duty amount as per the assessable value declared in subcontracting challan. You are liable to pay the duty amount which means RG23A Part1 and 2 both are required to update.

Advocate Charu Mathur

Supreme Court of India, Delhi