What to do if their is forgery of documents by a buyer of a car

05-May-2023 (In Criminal Law)
I sell my car which is Santro .This car is 2009model. I provide him noc. Then byer registered it. One day I am checking owner by its number then I come to know that the car is registered 9-April 2012 .I am shocked to know this how is this possible. If it's true how can I prove him guilty. Please let me know this
Answers (3)

Answer #1
656 votes
you have not mentioned when you purchase it, when you sold it and in whose name the car is showing owned , apply an RTI for authenticity . the date of april 2012 might be date of transfer so unless you reveal complete story proper guidance cannot be given.
Answer #2
782 votes
you can file against him if he has transferred your car without your signature or wwithout getting fresh noc from you. if you have delivery receipt of the car than if aany crime done by this car that he is liable . collect relevent papers fron concern authority and found something wrong than you can file complaint against him.
Answer #3
531 votes
Now, why do you wish to take legal action against him after almost six years of registration of car in his name. You should have ensured in 2009 itself, that he got the car transferred in his name. If you have not done so and apparently no loss or harm is caused to you by delayed registration. You are also legally liable for your acts of negligence as you failed to ensure change of name in 2009. So it would be better that you forget it and let it go.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."