What to do if girlfriend is blackmailing me if I break up

Hi i am fresh out of college and have told many times to my girl friend that I dont like her and want to break up.She is blackmailing me that she will commit suicide and complain to police.Its been 4 years and I have been completely off for 3 years and saying her that this wont work.I dont have any evidence to prove that she is blackmailing me.All she does now is call me and irritate me and everyday.What should I do ? Any legal suggestions.

Answers (2)

226 votes

Change your Phone and other contact details immediately to avoid further harassment by the girl. i do not know how far your relationship with her. If it is mere friendship avoid her. If it is more than mere friendship and if you had any sexual relationship with her then you have to convince her. If she is blackmailing without any evidence about your relationship do not bother and just leave it. proper advice can be given only if full details is given and only after meeting personally.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

254 votes


I understood that the girl may trap you or she may have real love in you. If she is keep threatening then you have to take it forward to police complaint before something goes wrong. Otherwise if you take it forward to her parents and if they all raise a complaint against you that will spoil you so much.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles