What to do if a false case has been filed against me

06-May-2023 (In Criminal Law)
I have false case filed against me and chargesheet filed as well. In the chargesheet there is statement attached by police of person who don't have any relationship with the crime nor that person was in picture during said incident. I have written a complaint to local police about this and asked them to initiate IPC 182 against him. Did I performed right thing? Now that person is threatening me on phone due to my action. Can I file private complaint against person in case police don't take action against him.
Answers (1)

Answer #1
679 votes
Your difficulty now is that you have to go through the process of trial.In the alternate ,you can go for quashing before the Higher court .kindly contact with your case papers so as to effectively guide you

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."