What is the procedure for applying bail?

My neighbor has filed a complaint against me for slapping him in a local dispute in our area. The police is threatening me that I will get arrested, so what is the procedure for bail application.

Sir firstly kindly mention that what offence you have been charged by the police.
If its a bailable offence you have to give bail bond to the Police officer and if its a non bailable offence then you have to apply bail through a proper bail application by an advocate to the concerened court of your jurisdiction where the offence has been committed.
Thank you.