What is Section 120b of IPC and where is it applicable?

30-Jul-2023 (In Criminal Law)
What is IPC 120B?? Why it is applicable???
Answers (2)

Answer #1
988 votes
Section 120(b) Is punishment for criminal conspiracy. The offense under section 120(b) Is an agreement between the parties to do such act. Whoever is a party to criminal conspiracy shall be punishable with death or imprisonment for life.
People also ask

What is the maximum punishment in 120B IPC?

It is a crime under Section 120B to be part of a criminal conspiracy that involves the commission of an offense punishable by death, life imprisonment, or a sentence of rigorous imprisonment of at least two years.

What is 120B substantive offence?

Section 120B, referred to as criminal conspiracy, is also a separate section. The prosecution does not have to prove that the perpetrators agreed to commit or cause the act to be committed.

Can I get bail in 420 case?

A crime punishable by Section 420 of Indian Penal Code does not allow bail. The Court has the final say on bail in this situation. A person accused of violating Section 420 may apply for a bail before arrest, i.e. The person charged with Section 420 can either apply for a pre-arrest bail (i.e. Regular bail. 04-Feb-2022

Is 420 B IPC bailable or not?

The section 420 IPC does not allow bail for any offence.

Answer #2
993 votes
IPC sec-120B is criminal conspiracy which does not stand alone.Only when other sections are alleged then it is always read with and the punish ment is up to 2years if convicted.Unless other allegations are not seen to reply your query is difficult.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."