We want to take the case back (accused booked under pocso act)

Hi, My 13 year old niece has accused her own father of sexual harassment. And her mother is the complainant. The father is booked under pocso act. Now the mother wants to take the case back. Could you please guide us what is the procedure for taking this case back or quashing it. Many Thanks

Answers (1)

89 votes

as it is a non cognizable case you cannot withdraw and only option you have is to quash the case by approaching High Court on compromise but it is difficult to quash it depends upon the complaint and charge sheet

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles