Wants to know about the procedure for getting FIR quashed

Girlfriend file case against me.. and then she said to quash fir on the high court.. i want to know that after the fir is quash what are the remedies i can take.. and can i file a defamation and criminal malicious case against her?? After the fir is quashed..

Answers (3)

298 votes

Yes you Do.

Mind it, for quashing the subjected FIR there must be settlement between you and ur gf.

As per questionairre, wherein you have specifically stated that she filed an fir against you and now your gf is willing to settle the issue, not quashing the fir. Issue will be settle then fir would be quashed.

Do write with details, willing to help you.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

110 votes

It will depend on the petition before the Hon'ble High Court. If you are signing a Memorandum of Understanding for getting the FIR quashed, then there would acrue no right in your favour to file a defamation case or a false prosecution case. Quashing is done generally after mutual consent between the parties. For further proper guidance, you may contact through here.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience
323 votes

Well there is certain professional procedure that need to follow for quashing FIR, there are certain sets of applications that only advocate will draft and file in High court, you should only take care of complainant that she will come in HC and say that she is willingly withdrawing the complaint

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles