Want to apply for Canadian visa but a criminal case is Pending

08-Apr-2023 (In Criminal Law)
Hi, I am from Kolkata. I have 2 ongoing pending cases of IPC 420. Now my question is that if i get a job in canada, then still can i get my new passport? Can i get an approved visa? If not, then what will my next step to get an approved visa? Can i hire a good high court lawyer to get my cases resolved quickly, is it possible?
Answers (1)

Answer #1
698 votes
In my opinion you can file a quash petition under section 482 of the Cr .P. C . before the Hon'ble High Court for quash the criminal proceeding against you . and without detail discussion and document review proper consult is not possible.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."