Someone tried to murder friend now police harassing being a witness

Someone attempted to murder my friend right after he dropped me home. I wasn't an eye witness to the event but got involved because I was a good, close friend, went to the hospital to see him exactly 2 hours later when I got to know about it and this instance took place right after I was dropped home. The police mentally harassed me and portrayed me as his potential lover girl. It's going to be almost 3 months since thus instance happened and the case if going to shift to the court. I've been mentally harassed enough by the police without even being involved anyhow and my real, close friends have been questioned too who didn't even have 1% idea about it. Now that the matter will shift to the court, would I be called again and again? And mentally harassed? How could I get out of it? In 3 months ever since that instance I've barely spoken to him over the phone 3-4 times, mostly when he happened to call.

Dear no need to worry and if u have FIR of that case then things might be more clear. Now matter is in court then we have to see that whether police put you in witness category or something else. To the harassment matter u can give complay against police under direction of your advocate . Rest when you meet your advocate then things will more clear which can’t be explain here.

First thing First if you are not involved you don't have to worry. It is a standard practice of the police to grill persons like you in a hope to get some lead in the case. However its not that you have to go through this necessary evil for ages, if the police choses to add your name in the chargesheet as a witness and you have no knowledge about the case then you don't have to come to the court on regular basis. There is a fix procedure for the same. Rest we can discuss. Thanks