Self-defense, how to proceed legally, what to do and what not to do.

Hello sir/madam! Today i had a verbal quarrel with a guy at a job who is physically quite stronger than me. I am a normal thin guy. He is not muscled, but is fat. He is a aggressive, vulgar and dictating kinda guy. I am a rebel type. I don't budge to his orders. This infuriated him. I am new to the job. I can't even possibly stop him, he can easily overpower me and my hands can't really do much. He could easily pummel me to fainting. But i really need this job, i can't quit this and neither can i bear this unjust authoritarianism by a co-worker. I am sure that if i don't dance for his tune, he's going to beat the damn out of me. I don't even know self-defense art. After some thought, i decided to carry with me a 20-25cm, 1-3 inch thick metal rod in my pocket, to be used in self-defense if he physically attacks me. And i am also very much thinking about immideatly legally proceeding on him, to file a police case on him for attacking me. Please help me out. What should i do and not do?

hi
it appears that your co worker is bullying you at work place. kindly escalate this bullying, authoritarian behavior of co worker to either HR or management in writing.
also, you can file a police complaint in case this co worker continues his authoritarian attitude outside office premises.
Do not carry any metal rod or knife with you. please note that in law, if you are found to be in possession of weapon, then you are presumed to be the attacker and the ground of self defence will not be available to you.
hope this information is useful