Regarding the Legality of Prostitution in India.

Is prostitution legal in india? I heard its legal and i paid a girl 1000 rupees through paytm but she ran away with my money . When i am asking for service she is saying that i am harassing her and she will give police complaint against me . What to do now?

PROSTITUTION IS NOT LEGAL IN INDIA THOUGH SEVERAL COUNTRIES OF THE WEST HAVE LEGALISED PROSTITUTION WITH DISASTROUS CONSEQUENCES. IN THE OPINION OF DR RUCHIRA GUPTA, FOUNDER DIRECTOR OF APNE AAP, HEADQUARTED IN NEW YORK, PROSTITUTION IS NOT BY CHOICE BUT BY COMPULSION. HENCE, AS IN YOUR CASE, NO POLICE COMPLAINT CAN BE FILED AGAINST THE GIRL AS , I ONCE AGAIN REPEAT, PROSTITUTION IS NOT LEGALISED IN INDIA AND THE IMMORAL TRAFFIC PREVENTION ACT, 1986 DEALS WITH PROSTITUTION AS AN OFFENCE.

Prostitution is not legal in India ,you should not paid the whole money without getting the service.As she ran away with the money and threatening you, you can file a police complaint for cheating and threatening.It would be better if you forget about the money,as it is not a big amount.

Advocate R.K. Gupta
Goyal Vihar, Indore
New Friends Colony, Delhi