Regarding IPC section 160 hindering my Job

30-Jul-2023 (In Criminal Law)
I have an ongoing fake police case under IPC section 160, which can cost me my job. The case would have been ended till now, but because of the COVID situation the metropolitan magistrate court is having any hearings. The case is bogus, police doesn’t have any evidence against me and even the jury has exempted me from coming to the court. Is there any way I can remove my name from the case ? Can I probably go to the high court ? I need to save my job.
Answers (2)

Answer #1
989 votes
yes u can go to the high court for quashing of the FIR and also till the time the case gets decided in high court you will also get a stay in lowet court to stip the trial till the matter is not finalized from the high court and also it shall be a speedy trial
Helpful? LawRato LawRato
Answer #2
619 votes
Sorry to know your situation, mate. Need to see what case is prepared by the police before the court. You must be having charge sheet, see the allegation is regarding actual fight or just the Quarelling . If ingredients of section 160 IPC not made out then you may go to high court for quashment.
Helpful? LawRato LawRato

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."