Procedure to file defamation case against sister in law & family

My brother got married in 2001 and his wife filed false complaint ...against my brother ,me and wife and my mother who passed away...she filed false complaint of dowry,sexual harrasment case against family.. Since 2007 we have been fighting our dignity has been decreased by brother wife. She filed that they gave us lg CD player which was not developed by company at that time ..I have a letter of company stating no product was available at that time ....she took 3 lakh rupees for settlement in court ...but then she rejected on next date...never gave our money...she and her mother did n't come regular on cases..we want to file a defamation..case

You need to elaborate your case in details for proper advice in this matter. But as per the present fact and circumstances you can not file a case of defamation as the matter is derived out of matrimonial issues as per the judgement of supreme court in this regard.

You should file a defamation case under section 499 and section 500 I.P.C.The Punishment of defamation is simple imprisonment for two years or with fine or with both. Do not let her harass you and your entire family.

Sir, Defamation Suit, in this case wont be maintainable. You can a file a case for filling wrong evidence and statement before the court. Anything said before courts or judge is not defamation. If she has said these things before other persons then that would be a defamation case.

Defamation case is not maintainable under the given facts and circumstances. You may explore other opportunities depending upon the case. But defamation is not at all maintainable. If your brother has not yet been divorced, you may proceed to file divorce on the grounds of cruelty.