Procedure to file defamation case against depot holder by inspector.

I am serving in as food supply inspector. On a false complaint of a Depot holder of my department, the case of PC ACT under 7,13(2) was registered against me in 2015. Now on 2.01.2018, I am hereby acquitted of the charges framed against me by the Honorable Court . I want now about the procedure of Defamation Case to be filed against the depot holder.

Answers (3)

the limitation for filing the complaint for defamation is one year. so that now you cannot filed the complaint for defamation. now you have acquitted from the charges of PC Act under 7,13,(2), so that you can file the case for malicious prosecution after gone through the Judgement, on which point you have acquitted.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Dear questioner, there are two different procedures one is civil and the other is criminal. In civil suit you can file your case and claim damages. In criminal law you can register an FIR u/s499 IPC which deals with such matters.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Jai Shiv Darshan Giri
Santoshi Nagar, Ring Road Chowk, Raipur
14 years Experience

In the response of your query , I want to suggested to you not file any defamation case, because , complaint can file appeal against your acquittal , and if you want to file case of defamation then, according to me file after 2 or 3 years.... but your case will surely fail , there is some legal pounts.....

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

Dear sir ,I am a constable in delhi police . An fir has been registered on me and one of my friend during night duty . The complainant are girls. Fir …

Read More

My mother in law was stolen of 1.2 Lakh jewel in bus last year and filed a complaint same day. and my father in law visited more than ten times to pol…

Read More

my tenant is not vacating my house.she is not paying rent but in court she is saying she had given cash to hand like liquid cash.she didn't gives …

Read More

Hello Sir, Can I collect my father's post mortem report or is the presence of my mother mandatory. I was told at the police station to bring my mo…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue