Procedure to file defamation case against depot holder by inspector.

I am serving in as food supply inspector. On a false complaint of a Depot holder of my department, the case of PC ACT under 7,13(2) was registered against me in 2015. Now on 2.01.2018, I am hereby acquitted of the charges framed against me by the Honorable Court . I want now about the procedure of Defamation Case to be filed against the depot holder.

the limitation for filing the complaint for defamation is one year. so that now you cannot filed the complaint for defamation. now you have acquitted from the charges of PC Act under 7,13,(2), so that you can file the case for malicious prosecution after gone through the Judgement, on which point you have acquitted.

Dear questioner, there are two different procedures one is civil and the other is criminal. In civil suit you can file your case and claim damages. In criminal law you can register an FIR u/s499 IPC which deals with such matters.

Advocate Nikhil Singh
Singh & Associates, Hubli

In the response of your query , I want to suggested to you not file any defamation case, because , complaint can file appeal against your acquittal , and if you want to file case of defamation then, according to me file after 2 or 3 years.... but your case will surely fail , there is some legal pounts.....