Procedure to file a writ petition for speedy disposal of pending case

I want to file a writ petition in Karnataka high to get orders that the pending Criminal case should be disposed within six months

Answers (2)

81 votes

What exactly is the case details . You can seek direction only in certain exceptional cases. It all depends on the reasons for delay. In what way you are being affected ? What is the offence . Without details it's difficult to ascertain whether you can file writ

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

202 votes

No, the High can not directly entertain the criminal cases, so you must file discharge application before a concerned trial court or file the quashing proceeding before the High court and consult counsel.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles