Procedure & time period for quashing charge sheet in sessions court

One of my friend got arrested after filing a false fir against him u/s 354 a pocso 7/8.he been in the custody for 26 days. Now the party is agreed for compromise and ready for qaushing process He wants to qaush the fir /chargesheet and did not want to face the trial Currently the status of the case is 1.charges have been framed 2.trial has not started yet 3.what process may be followed for qaushing the chargesheet framed in the sessions court much time it will take and my freind both want to setlle out of court and both do not want to go to court What to do in such circumstances Please help

Answers (2)

336 votes

In POSCO cases the minor is the victim and there is no provision of minor being entering into compromise agreement so better recourse is get no objection for bail and contest the trial where the girl will deny and you would be honourably acquitted if in case of government job you need honourable acquittal after full fledged trial quashing will not help

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

245 votes

Sections mentioned by you are non-compoundable so you can not settle out of court and even the trial court can not give you the permission to compound those offences. You can move to High Court under s.-482 CrPC for quashing of the case.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles