Police not filed FIR for fake call on online money transaction fraud

On 27 march 2018 I complained about fake call online money transaction fraud in Vasant vihar Police station. Unhone mujhe apne incidence ki ek detailed application with its one copy sign karke likhne ko kaha and in return they put a stamp on both of the applications. They kept the original one & returned me its copy, the stamp mentioned: Name & No. of receiving officer, D.D No., date and name of I.O in which Name & No. of receiving officer and name of I.O field is blank. There is no response till yet Have they filed my FIR ? what should I do?

Answers (4)

The provision of FIR is contained under section 154 of CrPC, and is filed on commission of cognizable offence, the said act is not offence, but merely preparation, so FIR cannot be lodged. If money is given, then it becomes cognizable offence of IT Act and IPC, so no need for registration of FIR. However, if strict provisions of IT Act give rise to commission by same, then the FIR may be filed under IT Act by filing application U/s 156(3) CrPC before concerned Magistrate.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

You should approach the concerned SHO with a follow up letter mentioning the previous DD Entry. If no action is being taken, you can file a complaint to the DCP and then the Commissioner of Police. If even then no action is taken, you can move to the court u/s 156(3) of Code of Criminal Procedure, Contact for getting this done.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate R.K. Gupta
Goyal Vihar, Indore
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Dalal
New Friends Colony, Delhi
22 years Experience
Advocate Shikhar Khare
Jangpura Extension, Delhi
6 years Experience

This is basically the police officials do on such complaints. If you thing there is no action taken on you complaint, you may file a complaint case before court on the basis of the documents and evidence you have in your possession. The court may direct the Station House Incharge to register an FIR/ or investigate upon the case.

Sir..your complaint has been filed in the police station not the FIR .If the police is not registering an FIR against them then you have to file the case under section 156(3) in the concerned court ..Contact a lawyer immediately

Related Articles

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Similar questions

Hi, My dad applied for a new passport in Coimbatore, TN by surrendering his old passport he got in 1995 which got expired in 2015. There were 2 police…

Read More

I appeared for the post of male nurse in government department and when the final merit list came out i was on the waiting list. Subsequently i came t…

Read More

My 498a case was quashed in Dec 2012 by the High Court. There was no appeal filed in supreme court by them, but in Oct 2013, a Civil Defamation w…

Read More

i had been stopped on checkpoint where traffic police asked me for vehicle documents , i had provided them all and was asked for bribe for returning t…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue