Police filed FIR we gave wrong personal details

My brothers were drinking and roaming on road and police caught them and a FIR was filed against them but in the police station they gave wrong details as in there name number and address. will this have any consequences in future

Answers (5)

86 votes

Yes . you would have mention the correct details of your identity. In future if you are traced out by the police officials then it can be great trouble to you.but if you want to get rid of it, then you can visit to my office or can call on my mb. numbers..there are lots of ways.....

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

63 votes

From your query it is not possible to know the complete facts of the case and in this situation it is difficult to clarify and advise you correctly. You are suggested to provide the complete facts.
Thanks and regards

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience
84 votes

I must tell you that they would have been booked for drinking in public under Delhi Excise Act. If the police has registered an FIR on wrong details without verification then its their responsibility as well. Your brothers can anytime say that they were not in such a mental condition that they do not remember the incident. Do consult as anything beyond this cannot be suggested on a public platform.

72 votes

First of all you send the FIR number, Police station name and date of the incident. Without the details of the said FIR, we are not able to comment towards your question and also not able to give you proper advice.

93 votes

Yes wrong statement given by ur brother can affect him in future if any matter or did matters arise again ,it shows that your brother try to cheat police becoz he was thinking he was accused,he cheated police means his mind working as a criminal person. But if any case arises den only did can be BT if nt then there will be no consequences ft it on ur brother.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles