Police confiscate & copy phone contents without owner's consent

Can the police confiscate & copy content of mobile phone prior to court case & without consent of phone owner? How to prevent its misuse? Which type of lawyers deal with this?

No the police cannot confiscate & copy content of mobile phone prior to court case & without consent of phone owner. they can use only phone call record for investigation. You can file criminal case against the respective authority asking him the reason for doing so and restrain from doing so. And you can also lodge a complain under cyber cell.

If that phone is a primary evidence so police can copy all needed contents from all data without consent of owner.but they didn't if the phone is secondary evidence. They confiscate and copy data with permission of owner.its violation of Art 21 of Constitution.you can go before court against it.

Police does not force on anyone or does not misuse the phone or copy to the contents of the phone without the courts order or also do not make the mistake by doing it without the orders of the Court, and if yes they have the authority to do the same if it is part of their investigation. In this cases you have to appoint a criminal lawyers who can deal with the same.