Police confiscate & copy phone contents without owner's consent

Can the police confiscate & copy content of mobile phone prior to court case & without consent of phone owner? How to prevent its misuse? Which type of lawyers deal with this?

Answers (3)

95 votes

No the police cannot confiscate & copy content of mobile phone prior to court case & without consent of phone owner. they can use only phone call record for investigation. You can file criminal case against the respective authority asking him the reason for doing so and restrain from doing so. And you can also lodge a complain under cyber cell.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

96 votes

If that phone is a primary evidence so police can copy all needed contents from all data without consent of owner.but they didn't if the phone is secondary evidence. They confiscate and copy data with permission of owner.its violation of Art 21 of Constitution.you can go before court against it.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience
118 votes

Police does not force on anyone or does not misuse the phone or copy to the contents of the phone without the courts order or also do not make the mistake by doing it without the orders of the Court, and if yes they have the authority to do the same if it is part of their investigation. In this cases you have to appoint a criminal lawyers who can deal with the same.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

Hell sir, I just want to know about some rules of Indian law our matter is this my brother in law whose living in France till from 8. Years and now he…

Read More

I live in overseas last 4 year as permanent resident. my parents and my brother's family live in India. Some days before my brother's wife committed s…

Read More

What if the police forced me to agree that I have created fake accnt of the victim by taking bribe from the victims parents.But later didnt found any …

Read More

my father was sleeping in home. the accused forcibly enter in to my home and vigorously attacked/assaulted my father with a steel bar. he hurted sever…

Read More