Police arrested forcefully on unreasonable grounds

I have a criminal case pending in high court in which the court has granted Stay . Even though the police knew about the stay they came to my house and misbehaved with my elderly mother. Only my mother was present at home at that time. Next day I complained about it to higher authorities in written, but then also the police officer arrested me and took to the police station. After talking to lawyer he realised that he was wrong so he left me . What can I do now

Answers (4)

112 votes

Going against the order of the court is clear contempt and hence you can move before the same court which granted stay on your arrest and file contempt against the police official(s) for which court will take suitable action.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

318 votes

it is a contempt of court and you may file contempt proceedings. Kindly ensure that stay order was communicated to police before your arrest.
Secondly your mother may separately lodge a complaint of misbehavior against concerned police official and if not accompanied by lady police than she may write to state women commission also.
police generally do not register such complaints but you should first approach police station than DCP/Sp of the area for registration and finally to court for registration.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
140 votes

If the police officers have misbehaved with your elderly mother ask your mother to file a complaint to the magistrate in whose jurisdiction it falls along with the copy of complaint which you filed with higher officials. Ask your mother to Take help from any NGO as well who works for the welfare of woman.also write a letter to woman commission.

142 votes

Police officer cannot arrest anyone who has taken stay on arrest from the High court. In your case, there seems to be some communication gap. section 41A of the CrPc has set some guidelines for the police officer pertaining to the arrest of any person.

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles