Permanent vs National Lok Adalat

In Criminal Law
Can a criminal case due to FIR be taken to permanent lok Adalat for settlement? Or it needed to be taken only into National lok Adalat. The case is u/s 417 & 447 . Kindly advice, can we go to permanent lok Adalat for compounding?

Answers (1)

250 votes

if case gets compounded the court can finish it then and there or can send it to any lok adalat .... if the case can't get Compunded but parties wishes to settle the same .... then the matter can be taken to Hon ble High court for quashing along with detailed settlement agreement

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.


Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
35 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
22 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
28 years Experience
Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
26 years Experience

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles