Online fund transfer by friend that was illegally obtained by him

Hi, one of my friend who also used to work in my firm did transfered some amount from his account to my personal and firm bank account. This transfer was made when he used to work in my firm but now i was approached by Police that he gained that fund illegally from a MNC and transferred in my account. What should i do now as i withdrawal all the fund and given to my friend because he stated that his ATM was not working so he is transferring in my account. I am confused what should i tell to police in such situation. Please advise

Unfortunately you have been tricked into facilitating swindling of money by your friend. You have to reveal all details to police and help them in investigation. If you try to evade bigger problems may hound you