Obtaining passport when counterfeit currency case is still pending

I have been punished by session court under sec 489 (c) Case is still pending.. Can i get new passport at current situation

Answers (2)

305 votes

As per your query

In the present case if you already have a Passport you cannot apply for a new one, only you can do is to seek the permission of the court convicting you for extension of the earlier passport.


Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

350 votes

Take permission from the same court. You will get the new passport. Also give under taking to court that for travel you will again take permission. the discretion is of the court. If this is your first offence.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles