No arrest even after FIR lodged, what to do ?

An fir has been launched under section 354 4 mnth back but stil the accused us not arrested even the statement of evidence also been taken ..the accused is still harassing the victim and have a bad record of disrespect for women ..

Answers (2)

319 votes

You can make an application under RTI act to the concern police station to know the status of FIR and further investigation about it. If they replied with confirmation of FIR lodged you can make an application to higher authorities of police machinery about the said police station not performing their duties.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

119 votes

Arrest is not made as a matter of course. only when the court finds that person is concerned in a cognizable case - only after existence of reasonable suspicion/grounds is a person arrested. If a person's presence at trial is otherwise procured and there is no societal danger - he may not be arrested at all

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
24 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles