Need suggestion on this.. provided the case details below

25-Nov-2023 (In Criminal Law)
As i have 504 507 509 354(c) 385 cases but opposition wants to take the case back they want to compromise and take case this can be done at trial court or do I need to go to high my lawyer suggests to go for high it not possible at trail court ...plz suggest on this
Answers (2)

Answer #1
919 votes
As the offences are non compoundable but still the case can be closed and you can be acquitted, if the complainant and other witnesses turn hostile which means they will have to deny something like that happened. The case can be closed only after trial or you have to file petition before high court for quashing, better to close it in trial court.
Helpful? LawRato LawRato
Answer #2
601 votes
Dear Sir

Since section 385 IPC is non compoundable so your Advocate advised to go to High Court.
Section 385 IPC deals with the punishment for an attempt of extortion. It must be understood that even putting a person under the fear of injury of any kind is enough to attract punishment under this section. It is cognizable, bailable and non-compoundable offence and is triable by a Magistrate.
Helpful? LawRato LawRato

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."