My ex boyfriend is harassing me

Hie, I'm very worried since 2.5yrs back I've accepted a guy's proposal but after one month he started abusing me and threatening me saying that he'll spoil my career by telling tales to my family etc etc and thereafter he even started beating me and this continued till now and also he links up my name with other guys and now summing up everything today he said I'll sue you that you're harassing me I said yes go on since I've all the proofs that you've been a nerd in my life but my concern is I don't want this issue to come to my family and he's also a psycho since he's very addicted to drugs (hash) please suggest me what I should without indulging my family but yes I can involve my elder sisters in this ..

Answers (3)

329 votes

Considering your case
I advise you to file a police complaint against your boyfriend by post and stay away from further collect all information about him and also seek protection from police authority or record audio and video conversation.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

327 votes

As you said you have all the relevant reasons and proofs with you with regards to his harassment or his unnecessary indulgence in your life against your will and wish you can file a complaint against him at the nearest police station.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Pradeep Kumar
Rohini Court, Delhi
14 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
118 votes

you can first lodge a complaint with the police and if the abuse is repeated you can lodge a FIR.

In case of lodging a complaint Police will call upon the said offender and threaten him and make him aware about the consequences of his acts.

In case of FIR police will make enquiries and take actions accordingly.

Punishment depends upon the magnitude of the offence.

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles