Mental & physical harrassment by in laws & husband does not bother

Hi I am married for around three years and I've a 6 months Daugher. My in laws don't behave in appropriate manner with me since beginning and I constantly hear on petty issues. Once my father in law tried to hit me and my brother in law and father in law has yelled at me many times. My husband does not want to listen what happened. If I try to speak to him about the incedents, he threatens to hurt himself/ leave everybody but didn't want to listen. He is ready to divorce me but is not ready to live separately, Though I assured that we will still take care of his parents and will meet them regularly. Our residence would have been in same society/ nearby society. He says I can stay with him only if his parents stay with us, to which I refused as my brother in law yells at me/ misbehaves with my daughter in their presence but they don't come to our rescue, rather if I raise my voice, they try to stop me. What legal options do I have

Answers (3)

157 votes

Looking at the facts and circumstances as detailed by you, you may file a case under Domestic violence act. You may also contact the local police station for immediate assistance during any urgency. Thereafter depending upon the way you want to chose for your matrimonial alliance with your husband and relations with your in-laws, you may take legal recieve under 498A, divorce, criminal complaints, 125crpc, etc etc.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

146 votes

As per the discussion which we did in this regard to your matter , what I would suggest you is that we can file 2-3 criminal cases against your husband and in-laws.
Firstly ,we ll make a criminal complaint against your husband and in-laws for filling it in CAW cell( crime against women cell) this will create pressure on the entire family from the vary initial stage.
Futher, after filling complaint in CAW cell ,we ll file another criminal case i.e domestic violence against your entire in-laws and your husband in court .
Futher , we will also file another criminal case on your husband for maintances in this case we will also demand your all day to day expences as well as all the basic needs of your child will also be fulfilled this I will make sure of .
More over we will also claim the expenditure which borne by you on the litigation.
So , in this way we ll file 3 no of criminal cases against your husband and In-laws which will create enourmous amount of pressure on them. Due to which your husband and In-laws compelled to settle the issues.
Regards .

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
215 votes

You can file Domestic violence as well as CAW cell complaint case against them and you will get the protection from the court and you can not forced him to leave Their parents because they have the equal right on their son as like you.

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles