Lodging a Criminal complaint about Forgery

Hi, Is it possible to lodge a criminal complaint on a person who created a fake unregistered sale agreement and produced the same in the trial court and trail court identified it as a forged document(the person went for an appeal in the high court on trail court judgement). Is there any limitation period for the same!!? The plaintiff created a fake unregistered sale agreement with forged signatures and produced same in the court in 2010 and trial court in its judgement in 2018 dismissed the suit saying it as a forged document. Can we raise a criminal complaint about forgery now on that person!!? Thanks Anil.

Answers (1)

177 votes

A criminal complaint is different from civil complaint and in your case, since the civil court had in the year 2018 declared the document as forged, you can now file a criminal complaint based on Civil court decree .
Please note that civil court decree though will be used as critical piece of evidence , you will still need to contest the case in criminal courts under fraud and forgery of IPC , in accordance to criminal procedure code.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles