Legal remedy in case girl gave false promise of marriage

Sir/madam i was in a relationship with a girl for about 4 years. We never had physical sex except kisses. We both wanted to marry. I invited her to my sister's marriage and introduced her as my sister's friend to my parents. She went to shopping and was involved in the whole preparations. After 1 week of my sister's marriage i disclosed my relationship to my parents and asked for their permission for marriage. My parents refused for once as she is from other caste. I am in armed forces. When i returned to duty my mom called that girl and asked her to give phone to her parents but she refused. She misbehaved with my mom on phone. After that i called that girl and requested her to apologise to my mom. I even told her to bring her parents to my home. But she didnt and she threatened me for police complaint. Now she has filed a complaint in police . What should i do?

Answers (3)

270 votes

You should keep safe all the evidence regarding quarrel of your mom and that girl. let the summons to be issued in that complaint case and through a lawyer appear for these summons. if court will find no evidence against you then court will decide the matter accordingly but one thing that you should be fair while presenting the evidence before the court.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

68 votes

In the case of report the investigating officer can help you. You have to provide evidences like video clip, audio clip or letters or messages exchanged between you to the investigating officer in your defence. You have to approach the girl and make efforts to Seattle the case. You can also file petition under section 482 Criminal Procedure Code before the Hon'ble High Court for quashing theFIR.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience
93 votes

Misused of legal procedure
If you didn't physical relationship with her no one can harrass you even police , she is misusing the legal process , you will go to police and share all story with them.
If you have the copy of complaint please share with me . I will advise you properly .
Arvind Kumar Srivastava
Secretary District Bar Association Haridwar

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles