Legal remedy in case daughter in law Harrassing Senior Citizens

One couple residing at Hariyali Village Vikroli East. Both are Senior citizens approximately above 75 years old. They had one son which died in 2017.Since last one year their daughter in law who are staying with them always abusing them and trying to mentally tortured and harras them continously They both are a diabitic and BP patients. One of them also paralized. What can I do protect them from such situation

Answers (2)

211 votes

Dear Client,
There is a specific law for protection of Senior citizens, Maintenance and Welfare of Parents and Senior Citizens Act, 2007. Kindly file the written Complaint with concern police station and also file case under the above stated act. The case would be filed before SDO office.

You would get relief and even the said daughter-in-law can be dragged out of the said house.

Expert Jurist LLP

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

249 votes

Who is owning the property residence? Under senior citizen act all the harassment can be taken care and also senior citizen can be given protection by police. File a police complaint against daughter in law with the help of neighbours or social worker or advocate. What is the means in terms of maintenance for medical other things who is paying? That also can be covered in senior citizen act. Secure yourself first by filing complaint. If you are relative you can file behalf of them.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles