Legal remedy for fake case filed for wrongful restraint & causing hurt

I have registered a criminal case of 307 IPC against my neighbor.He was absconding for one month & returned back with bail.After that he filed false fir against me of 341 & 323.Pls help what should I do.I am also waiting for abroad job offer.. Thanks in advance..

Answers (2)

119 votes

You can quash the FIR against you in the high court or you should face the trial. Both the sections are not of serious offence, so court may not ask to surrender your passport. Even if it asked to surrender, you can file a petition in High Court for relaxation of bail order.
You can file a civil suit for miscellaneous prosecution and claim damages after you have acquitted of the case.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

309 votes

Approach the high court with evidence and quash the fir.this is the only one you can do at this point or else file discharge petition before the concerned court
For mores details you need you to approach directly

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles