Legal remedy against mental torture by in-laws during pregnancy

I am 3 months pregnant lady , Even after doctor advice that I need bedrest and better environment my in-laws are not ready to send me to moms place. Even my husband requested according to doctor advice. My mil is mentally retarded still can perform household work but fill is monster .He is selfish about his wife and household work. Not ready to keep maid . I lost my carrier because of his mental torture by his words. Now no mercy on pregnant woman he still continue his harsh behavior and words I don't get enough food here and no good environment. Please advice and help what I can do?

Answers (2)

63 votes

You require a proper care and support at this time. You can convince your in laws and husband that you need a proper care as adviced by the doctor. If you continue to get mental torture. Then you can send a legal notice through a lawyer or directly approach the court against the domestic violance and get appropriate remedy.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

210 votes

Why can't your husband strictly tell his parents about your sensitive condition and send you to your parents house without considering your father's ill will. Otherwise file the domestic violence case against your father in law at Magistrate court by contacting our team or you can file complaint at jurisdictional police station or mahila sahaya vani.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles