Legal remedy against harassment by grandfather for property

I am 22 years old and since a lot many years my nana and my mom are mentally torturing my father. My nana goes and tells things about my father to people which isn't true and my mother supports him and keeps on lying to my father. she doesn't do chores or do anything apart from making blunders and trouble form family. my father is a loving & caring person and now looking at him all frustrated and not able to focus on work cause of them. we aren't a joint family. I know she won't give divorce and my nana is( to my knowledge) using her to take over all of our property. I wanted to know if I can help my father with this burden as being of legal age. (as required we are hindu(brahmin)).

Querist

First of all the situation is very delicate as it is a matter between husband and wife. You have to gather the evidence to prove your say about the conduct and behavior of your Nana and mom. On getting such specif evidences, you can first give them notice through local lawyer for violating the duties as legally married wife to your mother and separately to your Nana specifically telling them about your conduct and say them to refrain from such acts failing which you will take suitable legal action. Regarding your father's property your Nana and mom cannot do anything directly and tell your father to be cautious and not give anything in writing which may go against him.

Further even after notice the harassment continues, you can give suitably drafted advertisement in local newspaper in local language specifying about the behaviour of your Nama and mom and inform to the general public in the form of warning not to deal with them in any financial or property transaction concerning to your father.

Ashok Amin

Your mother can claim maintenance for herself but your Nana dont have any right. He neither claim maintenance nor property. You can support your father to come out of trauma. Make him strong enough. He your mother and Nana file any case then hire a good lawyer.