Legal remedy against false allegations of cheating

Hi sir , I have a girl friend and we are in a relationship for 5 years . We knew that our parents won't agree so decided not to go against them and will try the best to convince them. Recently we had a small mis understanding and she blocked me I thought to keep quite as time heals everything and decide to talk after some days as if I talk immediately it will boost up the problem , now suddenly she comes and says that I cheated on her I did not turn up to her after the fight she says she will lodge a complaint against me and she sue me and my family ,please help me on how to proceed iam currently working so Il that complaint affect my job as iam very much dependent on it please help me

Answers (1)

227 votes

Make a complaint to police. They will investigate the matter and do the needful at the earliest. Or you can make private complaints under section 200 of IPC. You may get directions from high court to investigate the matter.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles