×

Legal remedy against case of culpable homicide imposed on tenant

My Land (Agricultural) tenant is accussed of electrifying the farm to protect crops from wild boars. One person got died due to this (As claimed by police). Section 304 is imposed on my tenant. I want to clarify on few points as below. 1. As I live in Pune and rarely visit my hometown (2 to 3 times in a year to discuss about Agricultural income). will it impact me in any case ? 2. Do I have to pay the compensation for this. As I was totally not aware of anything and Just because I am the owner of the farm (Ancestor's property) I got pulled in. 3. I had the agreement done on a paper (With a ticket and Witnesses - Notarified). Will this be okay for me ? 4. All the witnesses who gave their statement in front of police have changed the statements in the court that they have no idea about this matter. So how this case will go on ? 5. Can my tenant will be relieved free ?

First of all there is good news for you as you said that you have proper paper that you gave that land on rent for someone so it's his responsibility.you should not worry at all. Second thing witness is also saying in court that they don't know anything about this incident it will also go in your favour. Third thing we have to see in which circumtences deaseased entered in your farm. Your tenant have to prove that he completed all the necessary step for safety. Once he prove this he will b free. But for you in my view you are free from all the liability.

Advocate Parvez Ahamed
Magrath Road, Bangalore