Continue to LawRato.com with Google


Legal query regarding defamation case

My cousin was in a relationship with a boy for 8months.She ended the relationship because the boy was cheating on her.One mutual friend asked about their relationship so she told him that they are not together as the boy was cheating on her.This friend revealed this conversation to the boy without informing her.The boy got angry and threatened her that he will put a defamation case on her if she doesn’t apologise over email and even sent a draft format for a formal apology.We did not want to get into any trouble so my cousin wrote the mail saying that her conversation with the mutual friend was not intended to defame him and it was a conversation between two friends.After 2-3 days the boy again wrote her a mail saying that she should keep her mouth shut and he will show the previous mail to all the common people to prove her lie.She is quite afraid as the boy even threatened to come to her house and create a scene.Are there grounds of a case of defamation against my cousin?

Answers (1)

You have not mention about what was the conversation used words which form defamation.
So, please provide script form conversation for analysis whether defamation made out or not.
For further query contact lawrato

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Harish Malhotra
District Court, Gurgaon
21 years Experience
Advocate Prashant Mendiratta
Lajpat Nagar 4, Delhi
25 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
15 years Experience
Advocate Parvez Ahamed
Magrath Road, Bangalore
22 years Experience

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Similar questions

My brother had relation with a girl now she is threatening him to marry or else she will file rape case against him. Please let me know what can we do…

Read More

My brother was in relationship with 1 girl frm last 8 months n they both are agreed for marriage, but after few days my brother realised that the girl…

Read More

Hi, I am P (Hindu) fews days back my wife had field DV case against me.We had a court Marriage.But now I came to know that The Marraige officer is fak…

Read More

i was in relation with boy for 4.5 years, later his behavior changed and he used to harass me publicly whenever gets angry . My parents disapproved ou…

Read More

Get free assistance for your legal issue