Legal query regarding case under section 498A

Respected All, I'm a Hindu. At the time of my marriage, my mother told that she will gift her property to me on event of my marriage. After marriage husband's family harassed to register property in his name ,though she did not do and it is still on her name. I have filed 498A case and mentioned the same in the complaint. Now in court is it a good idea to submit my mothers property documents as evidences in this case (as Public Prosecutor is asking me to submit ) in order to prove that they harassed me for this? My doubt is, If I submit that my mother has property which will be gifted to me (maybe in the future) the court may take into consideration and may not grant me any alimony in other cases as he has already filed for divorce. Please suggest how should I proceed ? Thanking You for your help.

Answers (1)

59 votes

Dear Madam,
In this case, you need not to submit your property details, which will lead to effect the quantum of Maintenance.
You have to inform to honourable court to that your are unable to me your needs and requesting to order to allow your maintenance petition.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles