Legal action against husband & in laws for physical & mental torture

My sister is married to a lawyer. During marriage in 2003, both the bride and the bride's parents were assured that the new house recently built is for the elder son (bride groom) and his to be wife and it will be in their name. After marriage, and expiry of Bride's father, they have started torturing her mentally and financially.They keep on asking her money (Salary income) in cash. It happened for good 13 years and she silently paid for every house-hold expenses and maintenance. No proof of payment as it was always collected in Cash from her. Now when she has stopped making payments, she is being tortured physically and mentally. She is being asked to vacate the home she is living since marriage as they claim it belongs to her in-laws (parents-in-law) and has no entitlement to live there. She is being asked to move out on a rented accommodation. The husband, who himself is a lawyer, has threatened of dire consequences if she does not. What should she do to live in same house?

Answers (1)

341 votes

being a lawyer doesn't means her wife has no rights but as far she can claim her rights from his husband if both husband wife have cordial relations they can talk to each other can mediate their family for no further litigations.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles