Legal action against ex boyfriend threatening and causing harassment

i was in relationship for 4 months but i realised he is aggresive so i decided to leave him coz he tried 2 control me, trying to tell me where i should go or not,he slapped me and abusing me so after break up he kept calling me.Then he messaged my friend , . My mother did not know about this relation, nor do i want to drag my family into this. what should I do now?

You have decided to come out from this relationship with your friend then no body person can compelled to do so
If he insists to do you may complaint against him to your nearest police station or concern court
You should consult with lawyer

You appear to be having no other better alternative but to make a police complaint and the your age shall be critical for police to act urgently and to prosecute the delinquent person accordingly leading to stringent penalty. Also there is no way you can avoid your mother coming to know if you make a police complaint. But that should not deter you from prosecuting the person who is causing harassment for you.