Legal action against defamation on local news channel & you tube

My dad belongs to the real estate market, he is a real estate broker. He has helped one of the deal go through for a party, who on getting satisfied with my dad's trust has allowed him to look after the construction work of his buildings on comission basis. Now a local reporter from nowhere comes and demands 50k from my dad saying that the building is an illegal construction and he cannot build there and if he doesnt stop. He will upload false reports on the news channel and youtube. So after my dad denied he has started to upload and report false news on his channel and youtube both with false accusation.He has also used my dad's photo from facebook in their news without permission. Can anyone suggests how to deal with it.

Answers (2)

Good evening Sir/Ma'am.

I have comprehended and understood your query. According to the facts as narrated by you, it seems a good case for defamation. But, going through the property papers will give a clearer picture of the allegations made by the news channel. If the information published in the news has no iota of truth to it, then you can proceed by taking criminal actions against the channel. In any case, the first step will be to send them a strongly worded legal notice, asking for compensation for the damage to the reputation and also retracting the news published already.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

U can issue legal notice for claim for defamation to him for alleging false accusation to your father and also take appropriate legal action in the shape of criminal compliant. If he continue the same despite legal notice in that case file civil suit for claim compensation for defamation for harm your father reputation in the society as well as criminal compliant.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate R.K. Gupta
Goyal Vihar, Indore
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Dalal
New Friends Colony, Delhi
22 years Experience
Advocate Shikhar Khare
Jangpura Extension, Delhi
6 years Experience

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Similar questions

I bought a gated community villa of 30x40 size in Hosur which is a border city to Bangalore I had a financial dispute of with my builder for 70000.I a…

Read More

the seller has tried to sell the property in fraud paper. at the time of sale deed registration he caught by the official and left the place. i lost a…

Read More

Hi, I am convicted in Megistrate court for 498A. Appeal is pending on the session court.It is getting delayed from last 1 year.Lower court record is m…

Read More

I am 40 yrs old,I was sexually abused several times in my childhood by my real elder brother till the age of around 10 years,my family didn't supp…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue