Legal action against defamation on local news channel & you tube

My dad belongs to the real estate market, he is a real estate broker. He has helped one of the deal go through for a party, who on getting satisfied with my dad's trust has allowed him to look after the construction work of his buildings on comission basis. Now a local reporter from nowhere comes and demands 50k from my dad saying that the building is an illegal construction and he cannot build there and if he doesnt stop. He will upload false reports on the news channel and youtube. So after my dad denied he has started to upload and report false news on his channel and youtube both with false accusation.He has also used my dad's photo from facebook in their news without permission. Can anyone suggests how to deal with it.

Good evening Sir/Ma'am.

I have comprehended and understood your query. According to the facts as narrated by you, it seems a good case for defamation. But, going through the property papers will give a clearer picture of the allegations made by the news channel. If the information published in the news has no iota of truth to it, then you can proceed by taking criminal actions against the channel. In any case, the first step will be to send them a strongly worded legal notice, asking for compensation for the damage to the reputation and also retracting the news published already.

U can issue legal notice for claim for defamation to him for alleging false accusation to your father and also take appropriate legal action in the shape of criminal compliant. If he continue the same despite legal notice in that case file civil suit for claim compensation for defamation for harm your father reputation in the society as well as criminal compliant.