Law to file a compromise petition of ipc 307 case

Is there any law to file a compromise petition of ipc 307 case

Answers (5)

such cases can not be compounded and thus no permission can be given by court.
can be process by mutual quashing by parties.
Section 307 makes a distinction between an act of the accused and its result, if any. Such an act may not be attended by any result as far as the person assaulted is concerned, but still there may be cases in which the culprit would be liable under Section 307.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Time and again Supreme Court as well as various High Courts have pronounced that a case U/s 307 iPC can't be compounded.
Once a court of Sessions takes cognizance of offence case U/s307 IPC and charge is framed the only course is to face the trial.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate R.K. Gupta
Goyal Vihar, Indore
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Dalal
New Friends Colony, Delhi
22 years Experience
Advocate Shikhar Khare
Jangpura Extension, Delhi
6 years Experience

Dear client,
As per the provision law of sec 307 ipc is not a compoundable offence. But as a general practice the matter can be amicable settled between both parties outside the court and the witness denied the prosecution case before the court and also stated before the honble court the matter amicable settled between us and not to proceed the case. The compromise petition is not accepted as a documentary evidence.

307 ipc is not compromisable , all depends upon the facts and circumstances .... Cosult a lawyer for better assistance ................................ .......................................

File a 482 petition in High Court for quashing the case initiated u/s 307. It is bit hopeless that the matter can be quashed but still let's hope for the best because there are judgements which can be sited before the High Court for quashing.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Similar questions

mere sis ki shadi 2009 me hui thi shadi ke 1 mahine ke baad se hi ladka bahut pareshan karne laga sis ko uska behave bada galt tha thoda time baad ham…

Read More

In 1990 I settled down in Bangalore from Kolkata. In 1998 I called my parents to Bangalore as they were old. All valuables and jewellery my mother han…

Read More

I had a case past in 2014 which my advocate said it was closed and compromised. .and recently this month i recieved summons from court to attend . .Wh…

Read More

My husband and I am into agreement now. I want to withdraw 498A filed in Ultadanga PS. How much would it cost me ? If I do not withdraw, will it be di…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue