Lady blackmailing to marry her otherwise will file false rape case

In Criminal Law

My brother had a affair wid a lady and that was divorcee but she did told him that she is divorce. she was fighting for her divorcee after 6 monther of affair wid my bro she told that she is married then my brother denied to get marry to her. Now she has successfully taken her divorce and want to marry to brother at any cost. She was saying get marry to her otherwise she fire lodge A FIR 376 AGAIÑT HIM.please suggest us what to do as she was blackmailing us before that she will sucicde if my brother will not marry her and we lodged a complaint against her.

Answers (2)

315 votes

You are explained two facts, 1. She was a affair with your brother; but she concealed that she is a married woman or now divorcee. 2. She threaten to your brother that if he is not solemnizing marriage with her, than she will be registered a false criminal case of rape or she will be committed suicide.
You submit a representation to the concerned senior police officer; vide which you will be made a request for taking an action against that lady for your unnecessary harassment & threat given by her and also request to protection of your life and liberty for that lady; because apprehension is there for registration of a false case. if she has already been made an attempt to committed suicide than you have liberty to file a criminal complaint against her; before the competent court having jurisdiction. You have also remedy to file a petition before Hon`ble High court for you protection.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

289 votes

You can file complaint to police, mahila mandal with regard to blackmailing. But before doing it collect all the information with regard to her litigation with her husband. Plz consult a lawyer before filing any complaint. Thereafter you can also move to high court seeking protection. For detail discussion you can contact.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
35 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
22 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
28 years Experience
Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
26 years Experience

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles