Is there a provision for not surrendering after filing revision in HC

The case is under section 420 and 418 where there is a judgement from the lower court for surrender after the judgement was against , cancelling the bail granted in the before proceedings..the judgement was given without cross examining the informant & the CASE I.O Is there any provision for non surrender in person after filing the CR-Riv in high court.Its more than 5 months,my lawyer says that the file has not been moved from judge court to lower court hence status of the case says pending with lawazima PL ADVICE

Answers (2)

Technically surrender is a rule. The merits of the judgment might not be gone into for identifying the aspect of surrender. If case is in lawazima, it might be that case might be defective. Consult your advocate and have the matter examined

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

There is no specific provision as such but if your CR. Rev is against the order of surrender passed by the learned court below then till the final disposal of CR. Rev by the Hon'ble High court , it is not necessary to surrender before the learned court below, and regarding the pendency if the matter is before lawazima then there is certain defects which your lawyer should remove and after that it will be listed before the Hon'ble High court.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Jai Shiv Darshan Giri
Santoshi Nagar, Ring Road Chowk, Raipur
14 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

i was charged with 90lacs of DA in PC ACT by ACB and during trial i clarified amt. 1crore but after 313 district judge increased the amount to 2crore …

Read More

I've been selected as stenographer in central govt grade D, but criminal case is pending against me under section 392, selection procedure is star…

Read More

I m and my wife  Marriage date is 03/11/2014 And she mentally torchered me since after 5 month and her Father and mother doesn't respond me a…

Read More

I am living in UK and working here. My mother passed away in 2009 and I have my father and he is an employee and retiring in few months and I am unmar…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue