Ill treatment by daughter in law against husband & mother in law

what is the course as I,my wife and my son is harssed ill treated by my daughter in law and her morherand brother always ,and we are living in constant fear of our lives ,marriage is less than one year?

Answers (3)

192 votes

first of all you can file suit for injunction against your daughter in law if she is living in your property. If threats continues you can file a criminal complaint against your daughter in law and her brother.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

173 votes

Both the sides sld talk about this matter in front of other family members, friends and relatives and try to resolve this matter amicably because if this doesn't work out now then it will only get worst in future and then the only remedy left will be divorce either on mutual consent of parties or the contested one.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience
163 votes

You can approach Police and if police does not help u much. If you're senior citizens you can also approach the District Magistrate of your area under Protection and maintenance of senior citizens act.
Apart from this for your son; it would be appropriate to consult a lawyer for initiating complaints etc against the wife according to the facts and circumstances of the case.
You all can approach the court of law but do keep in mind that being a wife your daughter in law has more legal remedies. Consult a lawyer accordingly.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles