How to respond to legal notice from police

Local police has sent a suchnapatra mentioning to appear before DYSP conducting official inquiry initiated for wrong pachnama fir 299 agianst one my neighbor with all name used for panchnama i.e. asking about the particular person absconding but all names are wrong and even police never made any such inquiry in real, I am one, in police chargesheet those name incorrect so in auchnapatra as well. Now is it necessary for me to appear before DySp for inquiry as name on notice is totaly wrong, I did not accept, they pasted on my wall and i have no knowledge of the matter? What if I do not appear and what if I appear and record my statement that I have no knowledge of the matter, police never askes anything and name mention is wrong and no auch person exist...

The best solution is to appear before DYSP and narrate him all the facts and circumstances clearly. You won't get into any kind of trouble as the FIR is not against you... so there is nothing to worry about

When the accused person is absconding, police have power to send notice under section 299 for statement of witness(you). Further its necessary that you appear before the DYSP of inquiry and for submitting your statement.

I would advice- Never deny telling truth and co-operate with police in their investigation. If you want you can take help of lawyer near you to accompany with you to police station.

Regards,
Expert Jurist LLP