How to legally deal with defamation and false accusation

This is in lieu with my previous writing about how my sister's ex and dad's ex are conspiring against me and my family constantly. Recently they also sent defaming public document and false accusation 1) at my ex father's office to bring down his reputation2) at my office to do the same. My parents are old and ailing. My father's ex did not agree on the settlement court announced and now is making all efforts to even take the little pension my father is getting, to collapse all of us financially. All her previous 6-7 attempts have failed. I shall be very grateful if any one could provide some solution

Answers (3)

Hello, should you have evidence to corroborate the defamation and defamatory actions being done by time, you can lodge a complaint with the police and also file a defamation suit supported by evidence.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Anyone alleging defamatory allegation in public domain and be taken to task both by filling criminal complaint against the accused u/s 499,500 IPC in the court of the Judicial Magistrate Class 1/Metropolitan Magistrate as well filling civil suit against that person in the civil court seeking financial damages. In both cases the onus to prove that the act of defamation was done in order the injure the reputation in public domain. The evidence need to be available that can be brought on the record of the court to prove allegations of defamation.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Jai Shiv Darshan Giri
Santoshi Nagar, Ring Road Chowk, Raipur
14 years Experience

Dear sir.
Please do not panic at the very first instance.
In order to save guard yourself, first a proper application for harassment has to be drafted and submitted to the police station nearest. After that you are entitled to approach the court as the police complaint gives you a substantive ground. Always remember remedy is given to those who ask for it.

Legally speaking you need to file a case and get the parties prosecuted under 499 IPC

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

In a case, without my information, permission or consent my Statement as a witness was pre written in the case diary in support of the F. I. R of a fa…

Read More

My inlaws conspired with police for 107/151 & I was sent to Tihar. Gone revision, got in my favour stating "its a biggest blunder by Delhi Po…

Read More

Dear Sir/Madam I was an HR with the company. As the salary was low i resigned. later on i took up a job in another company after 2 months. As a wish t…

Read More

Actually there is a girl who has become problem for now a day she lives in neighborhood and quite quarrelsome and she keeps ready for fight all the ti…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue