×

How to get rid of a rape or felony case

How to cancel rape or felony case after investigation from prosecutor was done by the victim. Want to cancel due to fear that the suspect might do something bad to her & to avoid bad reputation for the issue. What are the conflicts.

Rape cases fall under hilarious crime and hence state or union government become first party.

If the case is real, don't let it fall, fight for justice. Need not to worry nowadays victim are coming forward irrespective of fear, threats, or loss of reputation.
Withdrawing the case will amount courts action against the victim for falsely/ fraudulently /conspired to defame the accused . The court may penalise or register a counter case against the victim. The accused person on acquittal might file a case of defamation against the victim. Hence fight for justice.

Offence of rape is a non compoundable offence. For this purpose you have to high court under section 482 of crpc for the compounding of the offence. Criminal cases are different from that of civil cases. You can withdraw such cases at your liberty.

Advocate Parvez Ahamed
Magrath Road, Bangalore