How to get rid of a rape or felony case

How to cancel rape or felony case after investigation from prosecutor was done by the victim. Want to cancel due to fear that the suspect might do something bad to her & to avoid bad reputation for the issue. What are the conflicts.

Answers (2)

Rape cases fall under hilarious crime and hence state or union government become first party.

If the case is real, don't let it fall, fight for justice. Need not to worry nowadays victim are coming forward irrespective of fear, threats, or loss of reputation.
Withdrawing the case will amount courts action against the victim for falsely/ fraudulently /conspired to defame the accused . The court may penalise or register a counter case against the victim. The accused person on acquittal might file a case of defamation against the victim. Hence fight for justice.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Offence of rape is a non compoundable offence. For this purpose you have to high court under section 482 of crpc for the compounding of the offence. Criminal cases are different from that of civil cases. You can withdraw such cases at your liberty.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Harish Malhotra
District Court, Gurgaon
22 years Experience
Advocate Shikhar Khare
Jangpura Extension, Delhi
6 years Experience
Advocate Prashant Mendiratta
Lajpat Nagar 4, Delhi
26 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
16 years Experience

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Similar questions

Few days back,my ex girlfriend filed a fake Rape FIR against me. Under the pressure i had to marry her.In her statements she has taken back all charge…

Read More

in case an incident of rape was happened long back of 27 years . is it still possible to lodge complain and get justice?…

Read More

5 sal phele affair tha break up huy 1 saal ho gya or ldke ki engagement ho gai ab ldki jis se affair tha shadi ka dabav bna rhi hai or 376 lgane ki dh…

Read More

Sir we have a paternal property which ia unsetelled till date and we have been using that property since 30 years and have a shop there. Since last 15…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue